Hello from Kentucky

Notifications
Clear all

Hello from Kentucky

Page 1 / 2
Allen Gibbs
(@allen-g)
Eminent Member

Hello from Kentucky.  I'm Allen,  I'm a long time player but new to bluegrass. I've always loved it but this is my first time diving into playing beyond basic bluegrass rythym. I've been learning licks and a couple of songs that I'm up to 200 bpm on. 

I've checked out other online lessons but this one appears anyways to have the kind of licks I want to learn and play.. I'm excited to dive in and learn.  

Topic starter Posted : March 23, 2022 5:31 PM
Thib, George Lange, Daniel Wynne and 4 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @allen-g

Hello from Kentucky.  I'm Allen,  I'm a long time player but new to bluegrass. I've always loved it but this is my first time diving into playing beyond basic bluegrass rythym. I've been learning licks and a couple of songs that I'm up to 200 bpm on. 

I've checked out other online lessons but this one appears anyways to have the kind of licks I want to learn and play.. I'm excited to dive in and learn.  

Welcome to CGO happy picking

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 4, 2022 2:49 PM
(@yiwork)
Reputable Member

Hello Allen glad to have you join us. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 5, 2022 6:08 PM
(@markd85)

Hi Allen and everyone else as well....

I'm from western Ky. also and just joined here myself. I've been playing a couple of years and I'm looking forward to getting into Devin's courses. Looking for something more structured than just being all over the place as is so easy to do with youtube these days! Happy playing to ya 😀 

Mark

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 20, 2022 10:58 PM
Thib and jerseychicadee reacted
Allen Gibbs
(@allen-g)
Eminent Member

@markd85 ,

I'm in Owensboro ? Where you ? Maybe we can jam sometime

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 20, 2022 11:14 PM
(@markd85)

I'm in Paducah. It would be a little bit of a drive but would be great to maybe get together sometime. I was in Owensboro back before Christmas to see Tommy Emmanuel at the Bluegrass Hall of Fame. Me and the wife were front and center, second row. What a great show!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 21, 2022 2:23 AM
Allen Gibbs
(@allen-g)
Eminent Member

Banjo Ben was at the museum sat before yesterday i believe.. he's a trustee now at the museum.  Whatever that means..

Paducah is just couple hours way... we could make that happen sometime...

The museum has open jams all skill levels every Saturday and Sunday from about 1 to 4:30 pm...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 21, 2022 2:27 AM
(@markd85)

@allen-g 

Yeah...that would be great if I'm ever back in Owensboro. Look me up on facebook if you want. I look at it maybe once a month lol.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 25, 2022 6:01 PM
(@danwynne)
Eminent Member

@markd85 I just came home to CT after working for 4 months in KY, with the last 6 weeks staying in Paducah, working for FEMA.  Did you see the Ricky Skaggs and Stephen Curtis Chapman concert in February?

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 25, 2022 8:30 PM
(@markd85)

Oh wow....we could have got together 😔 Funny you should ask about the RS and SCC concert...The answer is no. I debated going but wound up not. I wish I would have. I was taking lessons with Stephen's Dad, Herb, at the time and he also performed that night. I believe Herb is 83 years old! He's still great!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 26, 2022 2:11 PM
(@markd85)

@danwynne 

Hi Daniel

Sorry, I thought I was replying to Allen in the post above but my comment still applies! Nice to meet you 😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 26, 2022 2:15 PM
(@danwynne)
Eminent Member

@markd85 It was a great show. I bought a Breedlove 12 string at Allen's. They shipped it yesterday.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 26, 2022 2:15 PM
(@danwynne)
Eminent Member

Nice to meet you Allen and I apologize if I hijacked your thread a little

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 26, 2022 2:18 PM
(@markd85)

@danwynne 

I'm sure it was an awesome show. And the Breedlove...very nice indeed. I 've bought only one guitar from Allen's but I go in there alot. Brandon is the owner and a guy named Cord does the setups. I think there a first class operation. Family owned business of course. Nice people. You shouldn't have any problems at all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 26, 2022 2:26 PM
(@danwynne)
Eminent Member

@markd85 I had actually bought an electric there a few weeks earlier but had to return it for defects. I bought the Breedlove with the store credit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 26, 2022 2:53 PM
Page 1 / 2
Share: