Forum

Hello everyone from...

Notifications
Clear all

Hello everyone from Spain

(@soriamuno)

I am writing to you from Spain.

I am passionate about music in general. For sure, I am a lover of guitar and American roots music in particular too.

I want to thank Devin for the opportunity he has given me with his online course.

I really appreciate your work in the lessons, very professional, just emphasizing how to get that sound that we love so much.

In a moment as difficult as this being a doctor, fighting against the epidemic, my family and your lessons are helping me to dissociate the suffering from work.

Thank you very much for your work, please continue with your lessons. I wish you much encouragement in these difficult times.

My best wishes to all.

Carlos

Topic starter Posted : May 25, 2020 12:17 PM
(@morrow1616)
Trusted Member

Welcome Carlos

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 25, 2020 12:44 PM
(@jose-ignacio-sanchez-58gmail-com)

Buenas tardes a todos desde Jerez de la frontera, provincia de Cádiz.
Al igual que todos vosotros me gusta mucho la guitarra y llevo tocando la guitarra española clásica toda mi vida, puesto que mi padre fué profesor de guitarra clásica en Salamanca.
Pero un día descubrí la música country y desde hace una año me dedico a ello.
Gracias a Devin estoy aprendiendo y disfrutando de esta música tan interesante y divertida.
Pero en estos momento estoy aluciando ya que he leido la nota de Carlos, al que envío un afectuoso saludo, pues yo tambien soy médico y toco la guitarra.
Por un momento pensé que era el único.
Saludos a todos y en especial a Carlos J Soriano Navarro. 😀 😀 

Good afternoon everyone from Jerez de la Frontera, Cádiz province.
Like all of you I really like the guitar and I have been playing classical Spanish guitar all my life, since my father was a teacher of classical guitar in Salamanca.
But one day I discovered country music and for a year I have been dedicated to it.
Thanks to Devin I am learning and enjoying this music so interesting and fun.
But at the moment I am hallucinating since I have read Carlos's note, to whom I send an affectionate greeting, since I am also a doctor and I play the guitar.
For a moment I thought I was the only one.
Greetings to all and especially to Carlos J Soriano Navarro. 😀 😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 25, 2020 12:58 PM
(@g)
Noble Member

@jose-ignacio-sanchez-58gmail-com

Carlos, I just want to say thank you for your selfless service.

Everybody seems to act like outlaws where I live unfortunately

and conducting themselves in a way that’s not putting the needs of their

fellow man before their own. I just wanted to thank you for doing so.

Welcome to the group.

There’s a lot of fun stuff to learn here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 25, 2020 1:24 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Hello Carlos, Welcome to CGO! There is a lot of info and fun music on here, and you're right - it is a wonderful distraction from the worries of daily life now. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 25, 2020 1:48 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@rg What you said. I totally agree. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 25, 2020 1:48 PM
(@jocelyn)
Prominent Member

Welcome Carlos have a good music time!

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 25, 2020 4:49 PM
(@chris)

Hi Carlos, welcome and enjoy CGO 👍

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 26, 2020 12:57 AM
(@jose-ignacio-sanchez-58gmail-com)

@rg Hola Robert, buenos días desde España. Soy Jose Ignacio. Quiero en primer lugar saludarte y en segundo lugar decirte que no entiendo por qué en tu nota, que creo que se refiere a Carlos aparece mi correo electrónico. Tal vez sea un error informático.
Un saludo.

Hello Robert, good morning from Spain. I am Jose Ignacio. I want to greet you first and secondly to tell you that I don't understand why in your note, which I think refers to Carlos, my email appears. Maybe it's a computer error.
A greeting.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 26, 2020 3:50 AM
 dom
(@dom)
Reputable Member

That's a wonderful introduction Carlos. We're fortunate to have you here! 😊 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 26, 2020 3:53 AM
(@g)
Noble Member

@jose-ignacio-sanchez-58gmail-comGood morning Jose.

I made a mistake trying to reply to Carlos but it went under your email.

My apologies. Hope you are doing well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 26, 2020 7:25 AM
(@soriamuno)

Thank you all for your friendly welcome,

One of the few things that I have clear about this life is that music unites us all, regardless of where we are born.

Although it seems strange, having been born far from America, ever since I can remember, I have always felt very close to bluegrass. When I listen to Bluegrass it is a very curious sensation, just as if that music had always been part of me even without having heard it before. Just those funny things that Art gives us.

I saw a great opportunity to discover CGO and the possibility of learning those musical structures that make me feel so good.

A very special greeting to Jose Ignacio, good to discover that we share a country, profession and hobby. I have been playing guitar less time than you. I started about two years ago and although I started late, learning to play the guitar has been one of the best decisions of my life.

I hope that in these troubled times you are well in Cadiz

I wish you the best music for everyone

Un abrazo y fuerza Jose Ignacio!!!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 26, 2020 9:17 AM
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

Welcome!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 26, 2020 9:17 AM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, C White and 3 people reacted