Forum

Your 3 favorite gui...

Notifications
Clear all

Your 3 favorite guitars, past or present...

Page 2 / 4
(@lennycamogmail-com)
Posted by: @jerseychicadee

Amazingly, the cheapest guitar I have, my little Fender Ron Emory Loyalty Parlor, (no electrics, bass wood) is my favorite at present. Since I had her set up righteously, she is just a boomer!!

My arsenal, without ranking  

1. Fender Ron Emory Loyalty Parlor Sunburst 

2. Fender Malibu Player Champagne

3. Fender Paramount PM TE

4. PRS Tonare P20E LE Baby Blue 

5. Gretsch Rancher Penguin Parlor G5021WPG White

6. Gretsch G5230 Nick 13 Electromatic Tigerjet with Bigsby

7. Gretsch G5426 Jet Club Rosewood Fingerboard Silver

8. Art&Lutherie Roadhouse Bourbon Burst

9. Gibson Les Paul Tribute Honey Burst 

So, what’s next?  Maybe a PRS John Mayer SilverSky SE in Dragonfruit (just can’t justify the JM SS American model (but there is a PINK model) at over 2G’s) or a PRS P20e in Shell Pink (same model as my Baby Blue but it’s PINK) or a Fender Paramount Deluxe PM 2 which I found one, played it, but didn’t love the voice, so for over $800 I’m still holding on that one.  Spin the wheel, my son is going to flip out if he sees another new guitar in my lap. Then I find myself staring at Gibson or Martin’s 000 or 00. It just don’t stop… 

how do you like the Gretsch Penguin Parlor, Been learning fingerpicking for a little over a year and I really like the look of those. I have a Gretesh round neck Boxcar 9200 and it's a 12 fret to the body and I really like that guitar, but always wondered how the parlor plays for fingerpicking or campfire strumming?

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2022 2:16 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member
  • @lennycamogmail-com I love this little Penguin, I call her Penny. I even bought the Gretsch  white leather western style strap with rhinestones for her. I Kaye’s her for a year before I decided to get a proper set up. I’d buy another. I have 3 Gretsch guitars presently. 
ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2022 2:51 PM
jrick92 reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Well, just put in a pre order for 2 guitars, a PRS SE John Mayer Silver Sky and a Yamaha FS Trans acoustic. I’ve been trying to held out for my bonus to come so I can afford a PRS Silver Sky Core model in pink  but I can’t wait. I ordered the Dragonfruit color 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2022 10:48 PM
jrick92 reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Okay, pre ordered a PRS SE John Mayer Silver Sky and a Yamaha FSC-TA. In transit is a Shell Pink PRS SE P20e (already have the Blue model but every girl needs a pink guitar). Also, longing for a Pink Gretsch G5421 to match my Penny, who is the white Penguin Parlor size version. Dying for a Fender American made Acoustasonic but they are priced outrageously!  

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 5, 2022 7:59 PM
jrick92 and yiwork reacted
Johnn Ventimiglia
(@jventimi)

1) Fender Stratocaster (Made in Japan) i got when I was 14. My folks picked it up without knowing what it was. I took it apart and put Fender Custom Shop Texas Special single coils in it.

2) My Martin DRS1 - first grown up guitar.

3) Gretsch Electromatic G5120 - didn't have enough to get a real Chet Atkins/Eddie Cochran model so I put a Gibson P-90 in the neck and a TV Jones humbucker in the bridge. Even put on a clear pickguard. Twangy AF. Very Cramps-esque. I love it but don't play with a band anymore so it just sits on the stand looking mad at me.

Honorable Mention: The next acoustic I get once I get more flatpicking down! Maybe a Collings or get crazy and figure out how to get a Preston Thompson.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 8, 2022 2:03 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

My newest Aquisition, PRS SE P20 LE Lotus Pink 

Matches my blue one. Lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 9, 2022 6:21 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

Blueridge BR160

Martin DM

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 12, 2022 6:13 PM
(@georgeanddoris66hotmail-com)
Reputable Member

GIF

Right now I am partial to the Collings brand. We have two Collings  dealerships near me. I find that the guitars sound great and are very well built. I have played a used one that was 20 years old. It did not even need a next reset and it had the tone and presence of a vintage instrument. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 13, 2022 7:38 AM
(@jackofalltrades442gmail-com)

Martin HD-28

Fender American Telecaster

Schecter USA Traditional (Strat style all Monster Tone Single Coil P/U's)

I'm up to 17 guitars, but these are the ones I like playing the most. I've got to downsize! But it's so hard to get rid of a guitar, since there was a reason I bought them in the first place. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2022 9:54 AM
(@neddietone)

I would say that Collings D2H is the best guitar of all time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 26, 2022 5:52 AM
(@devin)
Noble Member Admin
Posted by: @devin

Favorite 3 guitars, past or present:

1) Collings D2H

2) Martin D-18 ambertone finish

3) Martin D-16GT (this one's been with me forever... not my nicest, but it's sentimental)

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Any of y'all have a Gibson J45 (the new "50s" model)? I just got one from Guitar Center a couple weeks ago and I have to say it has some of the nicest and richest tone I've ever heard. The tone is really even and it sounds amazing when it's recorded through a mic. I've always been a Martin guy, but I'm starting to understand why everyone loves the Gibsons!

Here's a link https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson/50s-J-45-Original-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-Vintage-Sunburst-1500000317133.gc

Lead Instructor at CountryGuitarOnline.com

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 26, 2022 1:31 PM
(@neddietone)
Posted by: @neddietone

I would say that Collings D2H is the best guitar of all time.

It has everything a good guitarist needs. Its sound gives us the best musical experience. I remember my grandfather had one of these when I was younger. He used to sing to me. For me, this guitar is associated with the warm feelings of my childhood. I even remember that my grandfather used personalized guitar picks to play this guitar. And to be honest, your question brought back so many memories. So thank you for asking it.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Neddie Tone
ReplyQuote
Posted : October 30, 2022 1:05 PM
 Jack
(@jackderby22gmail-com)

@devin 

yes, I have one but I’m selling it.   It was so good it forced me into buying a historic now..  So, now I have two 45’s…  lol.  Seriously great guitars…. And this coming from a Martin guy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 6, 2022 10:00 PM
(@cowboy-bob)

Posted by: @devin

Favorite 3 guitars, past or present:

1) Collings D2H

2) Martin D-18 ambertone finish

3) Martin D-16GT (this one's been with me forever... not my nicest, but it's sentimental)

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 28, 2023 2:24 PM
(@dick-hauser)

I have owned Gibson, Ovation, Fender, and Santa Cruz guitars.  I currently own 3 Eastman guitars.  An E10D TC,  E20D TC and an T486SB.  The best guitar was the Santa Cruz.  But the best guitars for the $$$ were the Eastman guitars.  I have also owned an Eastman mandolin and fiddle.  Those 2 instrument worked so well I also started using their guitars.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 5, 2023 12:07 PM
Page 2 / 4
Share: