Tennessee Waltz

Notifications
Clear all

Tennessee Waltz

Page 1 / 2
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

Just  wondering, Since i've started learning the Tennessee Waltz a week ago i've had an

aching right elbow 😡 Anyone else experience the same symptoms?

Topic starter Posted : September 10, 2020 5:18 PM
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

Nope, nothing out of the normal here lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 10, 2020 10:16 PM
(@k2kwiatgmail-com)
Trusted Member

Heck ya!

Well, I haven’t tried the TN Waltz but I get pain from songs with tons of boom-chicka strumming like Folsom Prison Blues. In my case in my wrist as one doc thinks I likely have a cyst. I tend to just give that pattern a rest then and focus a couple of days on finger-style or flat picking. 
But sure, guitar playing seems to exacerbate any joint issues, tears, cysts, etc. in my arms and shoulders. CBD oil helps me. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 11, 2020 4:12 AM
 gary
(@mrgary)

Yes a little not too bad. Then I tried the "up the neck" verse of Tennessee Waltz for a few days and my Left pointer protested mightily! Had to go on the anti inflams for a bit. "It's the cost of living, everybody pays the price"        That is from a Don Henley song I've been listening to lately from the album Cass County. It fits here. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2020 8:33 PM
fransverboom, jrick92, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I haven't played this one enough to get an aching elbow yet. It's a bit above my skill level, but I did try. 🙁 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2020 6:32 PM
fransverboom, jrick92, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
(@scooter)

No aching elbow, but the Tennessee Waltz reminds me that my broken heart never did heal... 😥 😥 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2020 2:04 PM
fransverboom, jrick92, Kate and 5 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I think my heart broke when I tried to play along on this and realized I’m just not that good. Lol. Gives me something to work on. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2020 9:00 PM
jrick92, Eric Reinhardt, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @trippin-stringsgmail-com

No aching elbow, but the Tennessee Waltz reminds me that my broken heart never did heal... 😥 😥 

O Dear sorry.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 17, 2020 3:21 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @wjssavhotmail-co-uk

Just  wondering, Since i've started learning the Tennessee Waltz a week ago i've had an

aching right elbow 😡 Anyone else experience the same symptoms?

Just an update on the Aching elbow, its not getting any better, Although its not stopping me from 

playing 😀 Would take more than a sore Elbow to do that.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 17, 2020 3:25 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

The sore Elbow, Doctor says its Tennis Elbow, Bloody sore i can tell ya.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 20, 2020 4:42 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Tennis elbow is just a term for overuse. I had the doc tell me that when I injured my elbow trimming trees. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2020 7:15 PM
(@k2kwiatgmail-com)
Trusted Member

FWIW, I’ve gotten some relief from CBD rubs for guitar-related overuse. It hit me hard in the early going of my obsession, I hit the CBD hard, and it helped. 
Knock on wood but it’s not as bad as it was a year ago?

Plus, I do a daily oral CBD in the AM for general inflammation. 
But, I’m not a doctor...

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2020 9:19 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

CBD oil works great. Shaquille O’Neal bought into some CBD company. He has the Midas touch with business. I give it to my geriatric labrador. It’s seems to help. I’ve been into Essential Oils for several years now but not CBD until this old dog has gotten so debilitated. I took him to the vet to put him down and she talked me into trying the CBD and neurontinin. He falls several times a day. He’s a tall one too. Big old lab. 130-150 pounds. Don’t go up the stairs any more at all. I’m sure one of these days he’s gonna break a hip or worse but he’s holding on for now. I don’t get any pains from guitar playing. Maybe I need to play more. Lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2020 9:32 PM
fransverboom, John, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee when you were talking about CBD and Labrador for some reason I thought of the movie check and Chong up in smoke lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 23, 2020 7:41 AM
fransverboom, John, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Oh God. You’re aging us! Love those guys. Dave’s not here

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 23, 2020 7:43 AM
fransverboom, John, Eric Reinhardt and 1 people reacted
Page 1 / 2
Share: