Forum

Good front porch Ac...

Notifications
Clear all

Good front porch Acoustic

Page 1 / 2
(@g)
Noble Member

Does anyone have any recommendations on a cheaper acoustic that has a good deep bass to it?

Topic starter Posted : June 6, 2020 12:50 PM
John, jerseychicadee, Marc Piechowicz and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Find a nice used Martin.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2020 7:09 PM
jerseychicadee, John, Marc Piechowicz and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

You need to specify what “cheap” means to you. I have heard some say that a guitar is affordable and then look it up and find out it is $1200. For me that takes more planning to free up that kind of money

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2020 9:09 PM
jerseychicadee, Marc Piechowicz, dom and 3 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

You need to specify what “cheap” means to you. I have heard some say that a guitar is affordable and then look it up and find out it is $1200. For me that takes more planning to free up that kind of money

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2020 9:10 PM
jerseychicadee, John, Marc Piechowicz and 3 people reacted
(@g)
Noble Member

@rinny51couple hundred. Something I wouldn’t feel bad beating up over time.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 7, 2020 9:29 AM
jerseychicadee, John, Marc Piechowicz and 3 people reacted
(@noisefloor)

I have an Eastman E1D that was less than $500 and it is incredible.  My brother in law has an Eastman PCH Dread and loves it, and that was $279 shipped.  They're just about the best value in acoustics right now IMHO.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2020 5:22 PM
jerseychicadee, John, Marc Piechowicz and 5 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Yamaha has some really nice guitars for a reasonable amount. I bought an FG back in 2010 that I played quite a bit and that was around $279 with hard case and accessories. Believe I got it from Musician's Friend. I later sold it to my sister for $150 because she wanted to play, and now every time I go to her house and see it I wish I had never sold it to her, LOL. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2020 6:06 PM
jerseychicadee, John, Marc Piechowicz and 4 people reacted
(@j-phillips189btinternet-com)
Reputable Member

@shysue Yamaha are reasonably priced good sound at a reasonable price .  Used Martin always first choice but cheap is not part of the vocabulary! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2020 11:39 PM
jerseychicadee, John, Marc Piechowicz and 4 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

I keep a $50 half size guitar, my kids never used, at my desk at work that I play when no one is around lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 8, 2020 10:14 AM
John, jerseychicadee, Marc Piechowicz and 2 people reacted
 dom
(@dom)
Reputable Member

Hard to beat the Yamaha Fg or Fs 800 range at that price point. They do have skinny necks though, especially the OM sized FS (the FS has 1mm less string spacing than the FG). Of course the skinny necks are very nice for sliding up and down. Whether they have a "good deep bass" is another thing. Laminated back and sided guitars don't usually have the tonal range of solids.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 8, 2020 11:09 AM
jerseychicadee, John, Eric Reinhardt and 3 people reacted
 dom
(@dom)
Reputable Member

@noisefloor

I also have the E1d  Gary. And I tried the laminated PCH version side by side. There's a 200 notes price difference, but it sounds like a 1000 notes difference. It took me two seconds to know that i was going to pay extra for the E1d. But the neck width is the same and may be preferable to the Yamaha options if that is an issue. It is a bit funky for me switching between my FS 820 and the Eastman.

After buying my Eastman new, a mint condition, nearly new OM cedar version (E2) turned up on Facebook Marketplace for 300. Now that is an incredible guitar for the money!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 8, 2020 11:25 AM
jerseychicadee, John, Eric Reinhardt and 4 people reacted
(@noisefloor)

Hi @dom

I'm looking at getting an Eastman OM next.  I'd love to get a 00, but those are a good bit more expensive, and I'm not a good enough player to justify it.  But that size would be so nice for fingerstyle blues.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 8, 2020 11:35 AM
jerseychicadee, John, Eric Reinhardt and 4 people reacted
 dom
(@dom)
Reputable Member

@noisefloor

OM's are great. I played all those guitars back to back. The dreadnought options and the OMs in pch and solid form. I wrote off the PCH quickly when i realised the huge tonal gap for relatively little outlay. It came down to the E range in Dread or Om form and the extra oomph from the dread won. But actually, I don't really need that extra oomph and find the OM size a little easier to live with day to day. But I already had a small Yamaha so the dread it was. No regrets, but i suspect my next guitar will be an OM.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 8, 2020 1:51 PM
jerseychicadee, John, Eric Reinhardt and 3 people reacted
(@cotton-eye-marc)
Trusted Member

Recording King make nice cheaper guitars

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 8, 2020 5:34 PM
jerseychicadee, John, Susan Wagner and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

I had a cheap Yamaha several years ago that sounded pretty good. I gave it away to someone who wanted to learn guitar.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 8, 2020 11:36 PM
jerseychicadee, John, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
Page 1 / 2
Share: