Forum

Notifications
Clear all

"CGO"-imprint on tablature printout

(@jonescheit-kielonline-de)

Hi Community,

I am Manfred from Germany and joined CGO some days ago to build up some fingerpicking ability. I started work with the Hybrid Picking Course and really enjoy Devins highly professional videos - pofessional in technical as well as musical aspects for a newcomer like me in that field. Unfortunately, my picking arm ellbow gives me rising problems since lesson three, so I will have to take out progression speed ...

I have the following problem with tablature printouts: On the screen, both sides of twosided tablatures have a thick translucent "CGO"-imprint in the middle of each page. But on the printouts, the imprint on the second page is fully black and thus hides the tablature underneath and makes it unreadable.

Did anyone have the same problem, and is there a solution?

Topic starter Posted : February 23, 2019 10:58 PM
(@devin)
Noble Member Admin

Hi Manfred,

Glad you've been enjoying the hybrid picking lessons so far. A while ago, I had one other person that had an issue printing one piece of tablature where the CGO watermark turned completely black. It was only happening on one tablature file. We couldn't reproduce the issue on our end but we were able to re-save the file with a new watermark and it fixed the problem somehow. Can you tell me if this is happening for you on every printout? Or is there just one tablature file that has the totally black CGO watermark?

Thanks,
Devin

Lead Instructor at CountryGuitarOnline.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 24, 2019 3:17 AM

Hi Devin,

so far, it happened with the tablatures for lessons 3 and 4 - I have not tried to print any other tablatures.
I could send you a printout of
- page 2 of lesson 3 (totally black)
- page 2 of lesson 4 (totally black)
- page 1 of lesson 3 (transparent; page 1 of lesson 4 looks the same)

… if I had the technical possibility, which I can´t see here ...

Please note that there are small triangular signs around the totally black CGO-watermarks on pages 2.

Thanks for taking care,
Manfred

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 24, 2019 5:09 AM
(@devin)
Noble Member Admin

Hi Manfred,

That is strange. I just tried printing the tablature for Lesson 3 as a test and it looks normal on my printout. The watermark is very light and can barely be seen. What program are you using to open the PDF files? Are you using a laptop? This will be a tough one for me to fix for you since I can't reproduce the issue, but I can take a look at it some more tomorrow during business hours.

Devin

Lead Instructor at CountryGuitarOnline.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 24, 2019 5:19 AM

I use Acrobat Reader from Adobe, and I am not using a laptop. But I will try again from another desktop here in the house, now that I know that the source of trouble is maybe not at "your" end.

No hurry, Devin! I know it is sunday, and I didn´t expect you to react today anyway. This is not an urgent problem. I used up my three downloads this month anyway .   🙂

Again: can I send you the sample printouts per email? Maybe the funny triangular marks around the "CGO" tell you something about the cause ...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 24, 2019 6:36 AM

Used another computer now, same programme (Acrobat Reader), same printer - result: no problem anymore ... perfect printout. The ways of data processing are tangeled ...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 25, 2019 10:15 PM
Share: