Local Bluegrass Jams

Homepage Forums Community Forum Local Bluegrass Jams

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by AvatarJason.
Viewing 4 reply threads
Go to latest post
  • Author
      DevinDevin
      Keymaster

Is anybody looking for local bluegrass jams? Lately, we’ve been getting a bunch of e-mails about where to find local bluegrass jams. A bit later, we’re planning to build a separate section of the forum where people can set up local jams, but for now, you could try posting your location below and maybe we can get an idea if there’s any interest or maybe another member can help you find a jam.

Thanks!

Devin

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by DevinDevin.
      JustinJustin
      Participant

Love to get to more bluegrass jams. We have plenty of Celic Folk in UK.  When I play they accept it, but it’s not quite the same.  Im always on the look out for other people, but it’s difficult.  I’d love to travel to the US and experience the home of Blue grass, maybe Kenkucky that would be awesome 😀

DevinDevin
        Keymaster

Yeah I want to check out good jams in Kentucky too. Austin is pretty good and has a ton of live music, but the bluegrass scene is pretty niche. I hope the new forum can help connect some people looking for jams. Might be a bit slow until people find the forum and start using it, but we’ll see how it goes. Thanks for helping me get it going!

cassarta11cassarta11
        Participant

i ve heard of anton in austin ..

JustinJustin
      Participant

I find I have to compromise a little. Some Irish music is cool and very similar to bluegrass.  Any excuse to play guitar is cool by me 😀

JustinJustin
      Participant

Super Jam session last night in Stoutport England.   It’s is a Pub called The Swan, Robert Plant is local and has invested a lot into making this a really good live music venue.   Folk night every Mon.  All very welcome to play.   There is a lot of Celtic tunes played on fiddles etc.  I enjoyed it a lot and made some new friends.

Participant

Of course I’m looking for a local bluegrass jam. Anyone know of one in North Dakota?

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.