Country Guitar Lick Library

Homepage Forums Community Forum Country Guitar Lick Library

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Devin Devin 2 days, 8 hours ago.

Go to latest post
  • Author
    Devin
    Devin
    Keymaster

The Bluegrass Lick Library has been really popular, so I’m putting together a Country Guitar Lick Library that’ll cover a bunch of country artist signature licks. I’ll be adding several more licks to this library in the coming weeks in between recording the full-length guitar lessons.

I just posted the first six licks in the style of Brad Paisley. You can find the Country Guitar Lick Library at the top menu under “Lessons”. Later, I’ll post some licks in the style of Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Hank Williams, and more.

If you have an artist you’d like me to cover, you can request them here in this forum thread.

Thanks!
    Devin

• This topic was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Devin Devin.

Scooter d.
    Participant

Fantastic country licks.   The learning curve just got a lot steeper but the end result will be sweeter fruit.  Thank you.

Devin
      Devin
      Keymaster

Thanks! Hope everybody likes the new content. I had fun taking a closer look at Brad Paisley’s style. He uses a lot of hammer-ons and pull-offs that sound really fancy but it really makes the licks a bit easier. Pretty cool stuff.

Have a good weekend –

rschilder
    rschilder
    Participant

Such a cool idea, thank ya!

Scooter d.
    Participant

Would it be possible to include the Play Audio Preview a 2nd time, but within the actual lick breakdown area.   If the Play Audio Preview were shown just below the lick breakdown video it could be a quick way to hear the lick at full speed without having to restart the video.   This is assuming that the Play Audio Preview does not shut down the video.    There are times when it would be nice to quickly hear the full speed lick, while focusing on the breakdown.

Devin
      Devin
      Keymaster

Good call, that would be a great idea. Thanks! Should be fairly easy to add since the audio/video players aren’t connected and we already have the audio clips uploaded. I’ll try to get that figured out sometime before the next round of licks.

d.recore35
    Participant

I love these country licks. It will be a while before I get them down but just the change my practice sessions needed. Is there a way to print the licks out to use when i’m away from the computer? Thanks

Devin
      Devin
      Keymaster

Thanks! Hope you can put the licks to good use! Right now, all the country lick library tablature will be available when you’re logged in right next to all the scale charts and the lick videos to encourage the use of less paper and to protect my guitar lick content. Once I get the entire country lick library built out with several more guitar licks, we may add a booklet of tablature with a collection of the licks as a bonus for six month members.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.