Forum

April 2020 Monthly ...

Notifications
Clear all

April 2020 Monthly Giveaway!

Page 2 / 2
(@jocelyn)
Prominent Member

I’m waiting for my TP48 blue chip pick , I didn’t receive it yet, mail problems (COVID-19) case!

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 31, 2020 4:18 AM
jerseychicadee, Eric Reinhardt, John and 4 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jocelyn Are you in Canada? May be slower mail service from US to Canada. I got mine fairly quickly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 31, 2020 1:54 PM
jerseychicadee, Eric Reinhardt, John and 4 people reacted
(@jocelyn)
Prominent Member

@shysue the problem is the headquarters Post office at Montreal. There are about 250 trailers that are on hold (COVID-19). There’s only one trick.......patience! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 31, 2020 4:51 PM
jerseychicadee, Eric Reinhardt, John and 3 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jocelyn You're right, all you can do is be patient. But I hope you get your pick soon! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 31, 2020 8:45 PM
(@jocelyn)
Prominent Member

Thanks Susan!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 1, 2020 3:43 AM
(@jocelyn)
Prominent Member

Today I receive my TP48 blue chip pick, thanks Devin!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 18, 2020 4:06 PM
jerseychicadee, Eric Reinhardt, John and 2 people reacted
 dom
(@dom)
Reputable Member

I recently started on the Dunlop Primetones which i guess is Dunlop's answer to the Blue chip. Mine are big triangles at 1.4 thickness and i'm really enjoying them, in fact I haven't used anything else since the purchase. I think i tried big triangles many years ago and didn't like them, but this time they are working for me, so far.

A while ago i also revisited those Dunlop thumb pick things in the hope i'd play more like Leo Kotke. But once again i played more like Edward Scissorhands.😣

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 18, 2020 4:38 PM
jerseychicadee, Eric Reinhardt, Jocelyn and 3 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

We received our pick yesterday - thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 18, 2020 7:39 PM
jerseychicadee, Eric Reinhardt, Jocelyn and 2 people reacted
 dom
(@dom)
Reputable Member

This may not be a popular view, but.....

Giving points for liking a comment is a mistake in my opinion. It would make more sense to put those points onto posts that have engaged people enough to click the like button. As you can see, many members are simply liking everything in order to gather more points. Which makes a "liked" comment totally meaningless.

As someone more than happy with my current guitar picks i'm not bothered about trying to acquire a 35 dollar pick. But i'm pretty sure If i broke wind into a post here i'd receive the same number of "likes". That lowers the tone of the discussion rather than encouraging members to take time to contribute.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2020 3:24 PM
Jocelyn, C White, John and 4 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

@dom I agree i keep getting a bunch of notifications that my posts have been liked, and now i am having to like them too just to keep points up. at least put a cap on the number of likes you get points for per day.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2020 3:29 PM
Jocelyn, C White, John and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

@dom you know what would make it more interesting. If you got more points for posting videos of yourself playing guitar 😎 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2020 3:36 PM
Jocelyn, John, jerseychicadee and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@rinny51

I just "liked" your posts, LOL. You're right about more points for posting a video of yourself playing guitar, though. Takes a lot more effort to do that than just comment or like someone else's post. One day I might just be brave enough to post a video! I think Devin's just trying to get some activity going on the forum, whether it's likes or new topics or comments on existing topics. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2020 3:51 PM
Jocelyn, John, Eric Reinhardt and 1 people reacted
 dom
(@dom)
Reputable Member

@rinny51

Absolutely! That ought to be the Gold Star as it's the most meaningful contribution you can make in this environment. I have a couple of pieces from Devin's lessons  i'd be interested in putting up for feedback and will hopefully do so soon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2020 4:45 PM
Jocelyn, John, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

@dom when I log in, I look at my notifications and skip past all the likes to look for things people have replied to. It would be nice not to have to do that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 30, 2020 8:18 AM
Jocelyn, jerseychicadee, Susan Wagner and 2 people reacted
Page 2 / 2
Share: