Pickin' in the Pine...

Notifications
Clear all

Pickin' in the Pines, Flagstaff, AZ

Page 2 / 3
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@shysue      You guys are spoilt for choice with lots of festivals to attend over the year, here in N Ireland 

We would be lucky to have 2 a year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 7, 2021 7:30 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@wjssavhotmail-co-uk Normally I would agree with you, but with this Covid stuff we haven't really gone anywhere or done anything in a long time. All concerts, festivals, sporting events, etc. have pretty much been stopped. 

They are planning the Pickin' in the Pines for Sept. of this year though, so we have our hope that it really happens!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 7, 2021 7:57 PM
John, fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt and 1 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

Here is to hoping the entire world can get out and get moving again!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2021 10:01 AM
John, Susan Wagner, fransverboom and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I feel like I’m on the movie Bird Box sometimes 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2021 11:34 PM
fransverboom, John, Eric Reinhardt and 1 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Oh yeah, that was a creepy movie.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 9, 2021 7:04 PM
fransverboom, John, Eric Reinhardt and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’m pretty much scared to go most anywhere at this point in this crisis. Between the Trumplican war and the pandemic threat I’m good sitting right here. I actually love to go to Ross and Marshall’s once a week but today I pulled into a parking spot, thought twice and pulled out. Nothing I need in there bad enough to risk getting sick for. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 9, 2021 8:27 PM
Susan Wagner, fransverboom, John and 1 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

It’s a litt bit like roulette, never know which version of the virus you will get. The one my family got was like having an extended cold.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 9, 2021 8:29 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

Total lock down here at the minute they recon 1 in 40 people are infected causing the NHS all sorts of problems.

90 thousand of its staff are of on the sick.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 9, 2021 9:45 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee  Us, too. I only go to the market when I absolutely have to, and that's the most dangerous place because sick people have to eat, too, so they're in there shopping. Market and in-law's house and that's it. 

I did have to take my sister to an eye surgery appointment and then a follow up visit a couple of weeks ago. And she's a nurse that hasn't received her vaccine shot yet, plus she has Covid patients on her rounds. So far, so good. I haven't had any symptoms so . . .  She actually thinks she had it last winter, in February before the whole panic set in. She had all the symptoms. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 10, 2021 3:56 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

My son got sick with a horrible flu in February too. He started with body pain and fever.  He took a whole week off and could barely breathe. He sat 3 feet away from me every day and I never got sick. He swears it was COVID. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 10, 2021 8:02 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @shysue

Don't know if this qualifies as a local jam, but Pickin' in the Pines is a 3-day bluegrass festival held in Ft. Tuthill County Park just south of Flagstaff. It's a once a year get together, but one of the fun things about it is that folks will camp there and then jam together after the days' activities and shows. There are also workshops for all levels, and a pretty good line-up of musicians performing. 

https://pickininthepines.org/

There's a Bluegrass song called In the Pines, Has the song Any connection with the Festival?

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 11, 2021 5:46 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@wjssavhotmail-co-uk I don't think it has anything to do with the song. There's just a lot of pine trees around Flagstaff. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 11, 2021 7:08 PM
John, Eric Reinhardt, fransverboom and 1 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee  He may have had Covid, for sure. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 11, 2021 7:10 PM
John, Eric Reinhardt, fransverboom and 1 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee everyone swears they got it. When my household actually got it, it was more like a really bad cold that lingered. My Dad, who we were living with at the time, and my son both ended up with pneumonia after a couple of weeks. Never any fevers or body aches.

everyone gets different symptoms 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 16, 2021 8:38 AM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

When I get any kind of an upper respiratory crud it lingers. I eventually have to get antibiotics, inhalers, breathing treatments and prednisone. So, I want to avoid even the slightest risk of this illness! Last weekend, I wanted to go to Guitar Center so bad, I dreamed about it. I just had to get a new strap for Penny. I fought the impulse all weekend. Shopped online all weekend. I had probably 50 beauties in my eBay,Reverb, GC, Sweetwater etc... carts. I ended up buying one was was way too expensive but that’s how I roll 😏

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 16, 2021 9:32 AM
Page 2 / 3
Share: