Forum

Pickin' in the Pine...

Notifications
Clear all

Pickin' in the Pines, Flagstaff, AZ

Page 1 / 3
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Don't know if this qualifies as a local jam, but Pickin' in the Pines is a 3-day bluegrass festival held in Ft. Tuthill County Park just south of Flagstaff. It's a once a year get together, but one of the fun things about it is that folks will camp there and then jam together after the days' activities and shows. There are also workshops for all levels, and a pretty good line-up of musicians performing. 

https://pickininthepines.org/

Topic starter Posted : April 17, 2020 3:41 PM
Thib, fransverboom, jrick92 and 8 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

They may have to cancel this year. Makes me sad. :^(

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 23, 2020 7:20 PM
Thib, fransverboom, jrick92 and 7 people reacted
 Mac
(@macschildergmail-com)
Reputable Member

🙁 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 24, 2020 10:11 PM
Thib, fransverboom, jrick92 and 7 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Well, I've been checking the website every week and they have canceled this year's Pickin' in the Pines. Really bummed me out. It was the only thing we had planned for the year travel-wise, and Flagstaff is only 90 minutes away so not a long trip, but it's such a fun event we were really, really looking forward to it. 😕 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 30, 2020 7:41 PM
Thib, canuck, fransverboom and 5 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Arizona’s getting hit hard right now with the COVID. Stay safe 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 30, 2020 7:57 PM
Thib, canuck, fransverboom and 5 people reacted
(@g)
Noble Member

@macschildergmail-comThis is sad. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 30, 2020 9:34 PM
Thib, fransverboom, jrick92 and 5 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee You are absolutely right. We're currently having an awful spike in cases, worse than in the beginning of this awful pandemic. 

I found out that Prescott had their Bluegrass Festival after all last weekend. It was something we had planned on going to but I just assumed that they had cancelled it. Town of Prescott was like "We don't care about no stinkin' virus. Wear a mask or not - we don't care!" And this is how certain areas of the country are not getting the number of cases down, in fact the cases are increasing. Pretty scary here right now. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 5, 2020 6:35 PM
Thib, fransverboom, John and 3 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

It’s heartbreakingly sad to see so much defiance, disregard and latent disrespect this virus has stirred in people.  This mask thing is silly. Just wear it and if someone else doesn’t stfu and “worry bout yourself”. To see people being attacked, spit on, coughed on is ridiculous. I barely go out for fear of the psychos!!! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 5, 2020 8:55 PM
fransverboom, John, Jocelyn and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

Pretty much everything is getting cancelled. Here in CA they banned signing in church. What’s next? Are the going to outlaw dancing? Wait I think that was the story line of the movie footloose LOL

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2020 12:34 PM
fransverboom, John, Jocelyn and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee I agree. If the majority of people wear masks and some don't we're still going to cut down the number of cases. This virus is just so contagious, the worst thing we've seen in a long time. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 6, 2020 3:18 PM
fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt, John and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I'm still bummed that they had to cancel the Pickin' in the Pines this year. It would have been this month and I can't quit thinking about it. Sure will be glad when this whole Covid-19 nonsense is over and we can get back to normal. ☹️ 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 1, 2020 8:35 PM
fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt, John and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I had quit my call center job in January to go drive Uber. When the crisis started I had to shut er down because I’m old and pretty decrepit. I decided to go back to work last Monday at the call center job working from home until the crisis is over. Then today they announced they’re closing the brick and mortar site and the entire call center will be working from home. I’m glad for that. The place was a sty!!! I don’t need to make a ton of money but sure can’t sit here 24/7 forever! I have to work to feed my guitar habit ! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 1, 2020 8:47 PM
fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt, John and 1 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Are you getting close to retirement? What kind of call center is it? Just curious. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 2, 2020 7:01 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’m retired from Nursing (in Orange County by Disneyland) for 10 years now. My knees are shot. I just can’t run with the 23 year olds anymore. I was a supervisor but those youngsters all thought they knew it all. I got the hell out of there after 30 years.  Just started doing Lyft/Uber for some mad money in Oct 2018 but gas prices in California got so high I went into the call center sitting on my butt.  Verizon Customer Care. When you call into Verizon that’s me. I quit in Jan and went back to Uber/Lyft because again the youngsters just don’t respect us old timers. The pandemic has now closed the call center and they really need at home workers. So these 23 year olds with their GED degrees who think they run the world at $14 an hour will never see me. Lol. There are several call centers in your area. I know that Alorica has centers all over. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 2, 2020 9:22 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Well, we're going to try to go to Pickin' in the Pines again this year. I'm hoping that with the vaccine out they'll go ahead and have the event. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 7, 2021 7:04 PM
Page 1 / 3
Share: