Forum

Why Finding a Banjo...

Notifications
Clear all

Why Finding a Banjo Was So Hard

Page 1 / 2
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Hubby told me this morning that there were several container ships stuck at the dock or just floating offshore with no one to unload them, supposedly because of Covid-19 they don't have enough people working on the docks.

A lot of these lower-end banjos and guitars are made in China, Korea, etc., and in all likelihood those new banjos I was trying to find just weren't in the inventory of Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Musician's Friend, or any other online retail site because they have been sitting for weeks on a container ship. Now that I found one I'm sure there will be tons of them on the market within a few weeks, LOL.  

Topic starter Posted : March 6, 2021 7:16 PM
(@canuck)
Estimable Member

There will be lots of instruments for sale if things ever get back to "normal"...but I'm retired and my Martin is not going anywhere !

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 6, 2021 7:26 PM
John, Susan Wagner, jrick92 and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

It’s amazing how popular Bluegrass has become in this quarantine period. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 6, 2021 7:58 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Yes, it's a sure thing that a lot of people who were stuck at home for many more hours than they were used to thought, "I'm going to learn the guitar since I have all this time on my hands." Then they get the guitar and make their fingers hurt and say, forget it. 😀 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 7, 2021 4:12 PM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@shysue That was when I started playing every day. I had the guitars and was just wandering around on you tube trying different things. When the lockdown started there was a guy who did an hour long live lesson for 30 days straight on fundamentals. That's when I really got hooked but I wanted to learn more of a classic country style. That's how I ended up here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 7, 2021 10:21 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Today is one year this area had its first reported cases of COVID.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2021 9:38 AM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee Hopefully the end of this pandemic is not to far away.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2021 4:39 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jrick92  I ended up here because I saw several of Devin's videos on YouTube. I liked the way he did his lessons but quickly got frustrated by the "pay wall." There are a lot of sites out there like this, but his subscription was pretty reasonable compared to some. I've never regretted signing up with CGO 'cause I learn something new every day. Not to mention the great prizes for participating on the forum. 😉 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 8, 2021 5:11 PM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@shysue  Totally agree.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2021 8:34 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

When I first started out I paid for FenderPlay, Yousician, Ultimate Guitar, JoyTunes, Justin Guitar, TrueFire, and a few others I dropped after finding CGO. I’m still Patreon on a couple other. I still watch several other YouTube teachers.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2021 10:28 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

I use CGO for Guitar and Missy Raines for Bass.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 9, 2021 4:18 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I have given a lot of thought to learning bass but I can barely play guitar at this point. I was looking at a couple Bass 6’s 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 9, 2021 4:31 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

We have a bass guitar that hubby wanted but he never plays it. Maybe once I master the banjo, guitar, and mandolin I'll take on bass. LOL

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 9, 2021 8:16 PM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@shysue

A few weeks on each should have them all mastered. 😀 😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 9, 2021 11:29 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee It's easy playing the country Bluegrass style, Play the 1 and the 5 and your on your way 🤣 

Lots of free lessons on Youtube for beginners.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 10, 2021 4:57 PM
Page 1 / 2
Share: