Forum

New foot stool.

Notifications
Clear all

New foot stool.

dom
(@dom)
Reputable Member

I decided that i'd give a foot stool a go. I have a decent stool with a bar underneath at a suitable height but it involves bending my leg backwards and, my knee sloping downwards.  I am more and more posture aware and have many bad habits. I'm a terrible sloucher. i work from home on the PC and have been using a saddle stool recommended to my by my osteopath for a couple of years with good results. Time to get something for the guitar.

I bought the Eastrock foot stool off amazon for 8 quid and it arrived the same day! It came flat packed and opens up like a concertina with four settings. In my experience it takes quite a while for the benefits of any posture aids to work their magic and i've only had it a week, so not much to report. It does sit me at a better angle than i'm prone to, as my thigh is no longer slanted downwards, so we shall see.

I'll report back in a couple of months, but i think it will be a good, inexpensive addition to my playing, and worth sharing with others looking to straighten their backs a little.

Topic starter Posted : October 11, 2020 6:29 AM
fransverboom, Ewart Boer, jrick92 and 3 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I find my position of laying flat on the couch with the Little Roadie on my belly quite comfortable. Lol. I keep Goldie at my work station and pick her up every chance I get. My Taylor has a stand next to my bed or a hanger right behind my head but she tends to hang out on the bed a lot. I took my Fender over to my sons house where she waits for me to move over there. I looked at foot rests and stools but haven’t taken the plunge yet. Ya’all know I got a list though 😉 😉 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 11, 2020 9:56 AM
fransverboom, Ewart Boer, jrick92 and 3 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

I generally just sit on the piano bench and play. Sometimes I use the piano as a stand to hold my iPad so I can look at tablature.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 11, 2020 10:16 AM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
 dom
(@dom)
Reputable Member

@rinny51

Yep. Piano stools are good because they are lower so your thigh is horizontal. My stool is taller so my thigh is pointed on a slope and my torso hunches over, which is what i'm trying to avoid. Of course I could get a lower stool, but this thing is handy because I get to take it around the house and use it on any chair i like. I could even take it on holiday! 😎 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 11, 2020 10:39 AM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I have one of those, too. It's a ProLine but looks exactly the same. Very handy to get the leg up to support the guitar and better than the bottom rung of a stool. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 11, 2020 6:06 PM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

I just got through putting a new pro line stool together. It feels great so far. I got tired of sitting on a pillow. I had a foot stool for a while but it turned out to be too flimsy. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 11, 2020 10:28 PM
Share: