Humidifiers

Page 1 / 2
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

Which humidifier is best.

Topic starter Posted : March 8, 2021 8:20 AM
(@canuck)
Estimable Member

I got a D'Addario ...a tapered plastic case holding a small sponge. Our heat has been on here since November and the house is very dry. It does work ! I always had to re-tune before...now it only takes a fine tweak and I'm good to go. Tip..it takes a couple of hours to fully soak the sponge up the first time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2021 8:46 AM
jrick92, Susan Wagner, John and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

My new Fender came with a white snake looking humidifier. I have a Herco clay pot in my mahogany Ukulele case too. Sumner will be dryer here, though we’ve had little rain. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2021 5:04 PM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

We are just getting real dry around here. I've tried Herco and D'addario with so-so results. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 8, 2021 8:40 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I put about 1 gallon of water a day in the Air Innovations machine. Through all this COVID hoopla, the precautions have worked very good for me. I usually get 2 hardcore upper respiratory illnesses a year. I’ve been URI free since before all this virus mess. That day a lot for masks and quarantine. I also use a Himalayan Salt Lamp to absorb the negative ions in the air and the air Innovations machine to keep upper airway moist to prevent infections from getting into the upper airway tract. My guitars benefit from it all. I have a meter says 50% in my cave 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2021 10:23 PM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@jerseychicadee

That sounds like a good all around plan. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 9, 2021 11:39 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

We have an old entertainment/TV cabinet re-purposed and modified to be a guitar cabinet. We just set small plastic tubs with water to evaporate in there and it keeps it between 45% and 55% humidity at all times. The other guitars that we don't have room for in the cabinet we just keep in their cases/bags and I haven't been really diligent about humidifying them and I hope they will be okay. 

When hubby retires we're going to turn this big second bedroom into our music room and just humidify the whole thing.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 10, 2021 5:20 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I have a nice oak cabinet like that. Out in the garage. I looked at it last week and that idea a thought but I’m lazy and old and lazy. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2021 10:28 PM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@jerseychicadee  No use rushing into these things 😀 😀 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 11, 2021 11:02 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’ve been looking at a 5 guitar rack because my current hoard is ever growing and spreading/overtaking my slotted area. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 12, 2021 9:52 AM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

We had checked out some guitar cabinets that were advertised in Acoustic Guitar magazine and they were outrageously expensive, like $5K or $6K for a four-guitar cabinet. That's when I started looking on Craigslist and found this one for $350. They guy had just sealed all the inside where the wood came together and the holes for the wiring, strung up some small lights around the top inside, and said he just set cups of water inside for the humidification. Works like a charm, and the piece is solid and heavy. It was pretty clever and less than a 10th of the price these custom cabinet makers wanted. Sometimes you can find good deals on Craigslist. 😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2021 5:53 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee Have you not tried Devin's wall hangers 🤔 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2021 6:42 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I have the wall hangers in my room and guitar stands where I lounge/play. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2021 6:55 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I have a very nice oak tv armoire out in the garage I’ve been dragging aroung since they went out of style. Lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2021 6:58 PM
Page 1 / 2
Share: