Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Finger Picks

Page 2 / 2
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee  I've had ADD all my life, too. With something new like this that requires a lot of attention and focus I shoot for 10-15 minutes, because after that my focus is gone. LOL  Now playing the guitar I can concentrate a lot longer for some reason, probably because it's not "new" to me. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 10, 2021 5:01 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

@shysue I never had a diagnosis but lately I’ve pretty OCD. Checking locks, lights, burners. I blame senility. The GAS I blame on pretty guitars. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 10, 2021 8:32 PM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

Sometimes I lose track of time practicing, but I guess that's a good thing. I'm probably not as organized as I should be though.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2021 12:28 AM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

My ‘practice’ has gotten lackadaisical. I just play. I need to discipline myself and go back to some drills and skill building. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2021 10:34 AM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee   I've never had a formal diagnosis either, but I've had all the symptoms of ADD my whole life. A lot of my family does, too. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 11, 2021 8:44 PM
(@theycallmebigal)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @shysue

I started with plastic and then quickly went to the silver/nickel Dunlops and they work pretty good. 

I try to hybrid pick with just a thumb pick and my raw finger tips, doesn’t work well for me.

Do you have to use heavier gauge strings with all silver/nickel finger picks?

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by Al Anon
ReplyQuote
Posted : February 23, 2024 6:30 PM
Page 2 / 2
Share: