Forum

Collings Guitars

Notifications
Clear all

Collings Guitars

(@g)
Noble Member

I thought this was a cool video on Collings Acoustics.

Topic starter Posted : November 11, 2020 5:07 AM
fransverboom, jrick92, Susan Wagner and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

Very informative 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 11, 2020 8:19 AM
fransverboom, jrick92, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Such beautiful sounding instruments. I’ve followed Lyle Lovett forever. Always impressed with his style of playing. He’s ran in one of my favorite circle of artists since he hit the scene. Collings are out of my price league. If I sold all 5 of my guitars I still couldn’t afford the one I’d want. Such is the life of a poor struggling guitar ‘practicer.’

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 11, 2020 9:33 AM
 dom
(@dom)
Reputable Member

Thanks for posting. I've seen videos of Bill walking around his workshop storeroom and tapping his knuckle on the plain planks of spruce to work out what price point the guitar would suit.

My dream guitar is probably an Atkin. I say probably because i've never had the chance to play one, but i'd love a guitar with Made in England written on it. Bill Collings actually visited Alister Atkin's workshop in Guildford, England before he passed away, so they must have built up some kind of connection.

People far more knowledgeable than me have described Atkin as the nearest thing we have here in the UK to Collings. All I need is 3 grand.😐

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 11, 2020 1:01 PM
fransverboom, jrick92, jerseychicadee and 1 people reacted
(@georgeanddoris66hotmail-com)
Reputable Member

I have a Collings D1A VN that fits perfectly to this type of music. I bought it used and glad I did. It sounds best played with a plectrum. 

This post was modified 3 years ago by George Lange
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 15, 2020 6:03 PM
Share: