Notifications
Clear all

Anyone playing a 12 fret guitar?

Page 4 / 5
 dom
(@dom)
Reputable Member

@jerseychicadee

That looks like a cute little guitar. My shoulder problem is significantly better thanks to lots of trips to the swimming pool - now it's open again! But the dread still hurts, though i can now play fifteen mins as opposed to 5 a month ago.

Even so, I think i'm going to need one of these little guitars for holidays (if we ever have them again!).

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 11, 2020 6:15 AM
John, Eric Reinhardt, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I watch a mess of YouTube videos on the brand and model. I close my eyes and listen so I’m not influenced by the shiny objects. If I like the sound, I put it on my watch list on EBAY (let’s be honest here, I have a lot more than 1 guitar on my watch list on EBAY and Reverb and other online guitar stores)  😉 😉 Many different priced guitars. The sellers make an offer to boost their sales, I always make them a counter offer to round the price down a couple more dollars, if I’m interested or just HAVE to have that special one. Butler Music and Cream City Music always do this. If the item has a Make An Offer button on the post, and I’m dying for that item, I make a pretty low offer. They usually come back with a counter offer. Before I accept any offer I read the feedback. If they have negatives I may not buy from them. I bought a couple ukuleles from Butler Music and was happy with the set up. Cream City did me good too. When I get an offer I like I go watch more You Tube reviews and have an elimination round. In the past I’d go to Guitar Center and play the specifics model but with this pandemic I try to stay out of Guitar Center. I found that little A&L Roadhouse and my Taylor on Craigslist. I still run to YouTube to see how the brand and model sounds. I figure a set up can make a guitars playability better but if the voice is bad it’s bad. Sue had picked up one of these Recording Kings, I had this one on my list forever. When Justin Townes Earle died,I started watching his video performances (I study heroin addicts behaviors, I’m a retired nurse with a psychological effects of chemical addiction degree). He was an artist sponsored by Recording King and Steve Earle’s son. The end product was I had about 20 different Recording King model on my watch list. This is a limited run model that they only produce a couple hundred a year. The parlors are selling like hot cakes right now with Covid Warriors (like me) going for cheap guitars. I love both the little Roadhouse and this little Goldie. Much prefer them over my Taylor and Fender. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 11, 2020 9:46 AM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

My new little Goldie is a bit under the weather today. Remember I said I thought the strings sit down in the nut a little too far?  I know her humidity is off and I’ve yet to put her up like I need to to get her a drink of water.  Well,  this morning I hear a buzz on the high E string at the 2nd and 3rd fret. The action is beautiful on this cheap ass guitar so I’m gonna try the Tonewood strings first since I had that planned for her anyway. I’m thinking they’ll sit a bit higher in the nut because the strings on her now are probably lights like 0.47’s maybe. So, I’m gonna put her up a couple of days and let her drink, then change her strings and maybe put them shiny bone bridge pins on her ( I was planning to put those on Roadie). The bridge is looking a bit dry too. Cheap guitar woes I think. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 12, 2020 3:12 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Sue, I just received the Gator bag with the stand. Fits my Recording King girl perfect! Nice thick bag. $43 and change out the door. Impressed with the quality of the bag and stand. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 13, 2020 5:13 PM
John, Eric Reinhardt, jrick92 and 1 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee  Thanks for telling me about the bag. I really had my eye on the parlor sized bag from Recording King, and they may show it on their site but they don't sell them directly. No one else has them in stock. I'll probably get the one you recommended. 

Hope Goldie quits buzzing after she gets her drink!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 13, 2020 7:51 PM
John, Eric Reinhardt, jrick92 and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I was thinking guitar center might order them. I’m pretty OCD about the bag ‘matching’ the guitar. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 13, 2020 9:08 PM
John, Eric Reinhardt, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I might call them (Guitar Center) tomorrow just for the heck of it and see if they'll order me one. If they can't I'm going to get the bag you got. 

Also, I actually ordered a "clearance" gig bag off the Gator Bags site that's made for classical size guitars. It was only $18 and I do have a classical if the bag doesn't fit the parlor. My classical guitar will be very happy, because that thing has been knocked around and dragged it all over for 50 years! My step-grandmother gave it to me for Xmas and left the price tag on so I would understand that it was a serious guitar, LOL. It was $100, which back then (1970) was quite a few bucks. Well, that's still a lot of money, but to a 15-year old in 1970 it was a fortune!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 14, 2020 8:23 PM
John, Eric Reinhardt, dom and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Back then,  leaving the price tag on was a big deal. Now, for my family I don’t even care. If it is for someone outside my immediate family, I make sure the tag is off. I give really nice gifts. If you get a gift from me it is something I’d buy for myself so you KNOW it’s nice.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 14, 2020 9:56 PM
jrick92, John, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I love the stand better than the ones I paid a lot more money for!!  Rok-it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 15, 2020 12:06 PM
jrick92, John, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

That $18 clearance bag from Gator Cases fit my Recording King perfectly! Now I don't have to buy another bag. Yay!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2020 7:27 PM
jrick92, John, Eric Reinhardt and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Wow $18 I like clearance! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2020 7:47 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Yep, me too. They had two and now I'm tempted to go and buy the other one if they still have it. Doubt if they still have it though because it was over 3 weeks ago that I ordered it and it took a couple of weeks to get here. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 25, 2020 7:59 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

My little Art & Lutherie Roadhouse Parlor sustained a minor ding during the 5 mile move I made this weekend. I’m devastated. My own carelessness is to blame. I put the guitar stand inside the bag with him. The ding is right on top next to the top of the fretboard. Just a little less than a quarter inch. I feel like a child abuser. Call Guitar Abuse Hotline. My poor little Roadie. I’m gonna go to Lowe’s and try to find a bourbon stain to cover my abuse. I carried him with me so carefully but I placed him in the closet and then a box got shoved against him. What a Homer I am.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 2, 2020 1:32 PM
jrick92, Susan Wagner, John and 1 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

Kind of off topic but did any install the wall mount guitar hanger from the give away yet?

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 2, 2020 1:36 PM
jrick92, Susan Wagner, jerseychicadee and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I was thinking I might go buy his brother this week. The guy I bought him from has a Godin Seagull listed. Now I’m afraid my mug shot may be posted with the tag line #guitarabuser. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 2, 2020 1:41 PM
Page 4 / 5
Share: