Forum

Anyone playing a 12...

Notifications
Clear all

Anyone playing a 12 fret guitar?

Page 3 / 5
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Parlor size has been my obsession for quite a while now. Dreads are way too big. I have a grand concert size and that’s too big. I almost picked up a little martin instead of this Godin for $250 but I really wanted a Seagull and this Art  & Luthiere fell into my price line. My problem is now I want one in every color and I still want a Fender Paramount T-2, a Seagull Grand Entourage, a PRS P30, a Gretch 5021, and the list doesn’t end.... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 6, 2020 10:45 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Oh yes, the Parlor Penguin. I like that one, too. With the Little Martin I found it seems smaller than a parlor guitar. I think it's like 3/4 size or something like that. It took some getting used to when going from the D-18 to the Little Martin. It has pretty good tone for a small guitar though. 

I'm still thinking about that 12-fret Recording King. Researched the resonators and I'm not so sure it's my cup of tea even though I got hubby on board with buying one because it was so different than the other guitars we had. He has the one guitar, a very large Guild which has a weirdly narrow neck on it. He's happy with that, but I'm always wanting something new to play with. 

When he gives me any guff I just remind him that this is a much cheaper hobby than riding motorcycles. I don't even want to think about how much money we spent on those.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 7, 2020 6:27 PM
John, dom, jerseychicadee and 1 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @jerseychicadee

If I buy this new guitar I’m gonna have to sneak it in here

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 8, 2020 5:02 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’m n love with this little Art & Luthiere Roadhouse Bourbon Burst. It has a real nice tone. Laminated cherry back and sides, solid spruce top, rosewood bridge.  I must be shrinking daily because it still feels pretty big to me. How did I ever hold a dread? I may just have to pick up an even smaller child size guitar...nah I gotta do the guitar Acquisition rehab 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 8, 2020 7:02 PM
Eric Reinhardt, John, dom and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’ve gone to work as a customer service rep for Verizon Wireless (from home) and here’s my tiny filthy ( it’s Friday) corner I’m huddled in all day long. Roadie works with me all day long

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 2, 2020 11:31 AM
Eric Reinhardt, dom, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Do the customers get to occasionally hear some guitar strumming, or do you keep it quiet during the calls? I'm thinking the latter, but I could be wrong. 😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 2, 2020 7:13 PM
Eric Reinhardt, John, dom and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

No I feel like a one armed paper hanger sometimes flipping between programs, phones, websites, answer forums. It’s a real shit show sometimes. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 2, 2020 7:24 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @jerseychicadee

I’ve gone to work as a customer service rep for Verizon Wireless (from home) and here’s my tiny filthy ( it’s Friday) corner I’m huddled in all day long. Roadie works with me all day long

Just the book for me 🤣 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 3, 2020 5:46 AM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Goldie has arrived! 
I have to say for a $179 guitar she’s good to go right out of the box. If I were an absolute beginner I’d be elated. BUT. Action is good, sound is good. Tuners are sealed and a tad bit tight to turn. Fret ends a tinsy bit rough. Not bad but not rounded. I’m thinking she’s thirsty from her long trip cross country so I’m gonna humidify her for a few days before I go ape on her fret ends. Fret markers look like they were done with an off white color of white out. Just painted on. The binding has a couple burr spots on the lower edge of the bough but nothing a tiny swipe with a fine emory cloth can’t handle. Like I said, I paid $179 off eBay for. Retail price $199 guitar. I can deal with that. My playing isn’t good enough to make an expensive guitar sound good so I’m pleased. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 8, 2020 4:44 PM
John, dom, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee that’s a fancy looking guitar

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 8, 2020 6:24 PM
John, dom, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I need my sunglasses at night

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 9, 2020 12:06 AM
John, Eric Reinhardt, dom and 1 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Very nice! Yeah, the painted on fret markers on mine are already marked up. But it doesn't affect the sound just a cosmetic thing. Found one raspy fret wire end on the 10th fret, but all the others are smooth. Gotta say for the price these are great little parlor guitars. Congrats on your new guitar!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 9, 2020 7:50 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I forgot to say, nice strap, too! (Went back to edit my post but it was too late to add that.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 9, 2020 7:58 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I bought the leather strap. Very stiff! Also, no headstock strap. Luckily I have one here from the rose floral strap. I just ordered the pretty leather one from Walker & Williams. Strap set up on her is worth more than the guitar but she looks good all dressed up with no where to go. I love these little parlors. I’m still looking at the PRS 5021 Penguin Parlor. I think because it is called the penguin. So damn cute as a bug 🐝(bee’s butt)

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 9, 2020 10:15 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

The Penguin parlor is a great guitar. I wouldn't mind having that one, too. Maybe in the future I'll sell my Little Martin and get another parlor because I'm becoming partial to them as the size is perfect. The Martin D-18 is still comfortable for me to play but I can tell that I may have shoulder issues in the future. I have a Gretsch hollow-body electric that has a huge body that's a challenge to play sometimes and that may get traded or sold in the future, too.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 10, 2020 4:16 PM
Page 3 / 5
Share: