(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Okay Susan. Run that one by the husband. Lol. 🙄 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 7, 2020 7:33 PM
Eric Reinhardt, John, Jocelyn and 1 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Well, we don't make big purchases without talking about it first. Saves the marriage from some unpleasant financial surprises. I consider a guitar a big purchase, although the Recording King isn't a huge amount. If I had come home with my D-18 and hadn't told him about it first it would have made for some contentious conversation. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 8, 2020 7:07 PM
Eric Reinhardt, John, dom and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

It be kind of hard to sneak in a new guitar. I went out one day in a grey car and came home in a white car. Everyone on the street called or came over

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 8, 2020 9:39 PM
Eric Reinhardt, John, Susan Wagner and 2 people reacted
 dom
(@dom)
Reputable Member

@shysue

That's an Om (000) sized solid topped mahogany laminate guitar. I would put it up against the Eastman PCH OM at the same price point and see which you like best.

https://www.eastmanguitars.com/pch1_om

Thing is. For an extra 200 notes you get the solid sapele version, which is a massive upgrade!😉

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 12, 2020 5:29 AM
Eric Reinhardt, John, Susan Wagner and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@dom  Hmmm . . . that's interesting. But part of the appeal to me was the price, now I gotta spend more, LOL. What I'd really like is an old 12-fret Martin but I don't have the money for that. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2020 7:23 PM
Eric Reinhardt, John, Jocelyn and 2 people reacted
 dom
(@dom)
Reputable Member

@shysue

I would look out for a used E1 om (spruce top solid sapele back and sides) or the E2 Om version with cedar top. 500 new, and available from 300 used. That's a heck of a good guitar and you get someone else to open it up a bit and pay for the depreciation. The cedar version turned up for 300 quid here on FB Marketplace a while ago, but had quickly sold.

Of course these are not 12 fret guitars, though Eastman does a 12 fret Parlour (for 1500 dollars!)

I'm guessing lots of people bought "lockdown guitars" that will now be gathering dust. Should be some bargains coming along.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 13, 2020 1:58 AM
Eric Reinhardt, John, jerseychicadee and 1 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Yep, there might be some deals on guitars in the very near future. 😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 13, 2020 7:23 PM
Eric Reinhardt, John, Jocelyn and 2 people reacted
(@k2kwiatgmail-com)
Trusted Member

@shysue

FWIW, I really enjoy it. It’s Open-G (90%) so you really can be up and running in terms of Bluegrass accompaniment, open chord at every fret. And it’s physically different than guitar but in some ways less demanding since it’s on your lap. We’re talking square neck of course which is really where you’d want to be for Bluegrass. 
it’s such a great sounding guitar IMHO. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 15, 2020 10:43 PM
dom, Eric Reinhardt, John and 3 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Anyone here play a Art & Luthiere Roadhouse 12 fret parlor? I got a line on one for $315. He says it’s new this year. A COVID warrior. I’m gonna see it in Sunday. I’ve wanted a Seagull Parlor since I started my own COVID war. The reviews look and sound good. Retails around $450. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 3, 2020 11:22 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

If I buy this new guitar I’m gonna have to sneak it in here

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2020 8:32 PM
John, Eric Reinhardt, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Well, I bought the Art & Luthiere Roadhouse Parlor from Craigslist. Guy said he bought it a couple months ago. I checked the serial number with Godin, it’s real, so I’m glad for that.  I like it so far, much much better than the Taylor. It is very clean, the plastic is still on the pick guard. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 5, 2020 11:11 PM
(@k2kwiatgmail-com)
Trusted Member

@jerseychicadee

You seem to have a good eye for a deal! Glad it’s tone is solid  My first guitar, a Washburn koa parlor, is a dog compared to my Fender.

I still think that Taylor has potential though but with a road trip down South. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 6, 2020 12:13 AM
John, Eric Reinhardt, jerseychicadee and 1 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee Sounds like you got a great deal!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 6, 2020 12:33 AM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I think the Taylor needs a new voice. I have to look for a deal because I’m a broke old hag with GAS! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 6, 2020 12:49 AM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I really like parlors but I've yet to find a good one. Last year I was on a quest but I had a budget. I ended up with a Little Martin, which is okay but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. Now I see parlors I'd really like to have but since I have the Little Martin I don't really want to spend the money for it. I have a couple of guitars I need to sell before I can buy another one guilt free. I also promised hubby I'd sell one before I bought another and I broke that promise last year. 😔 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 6, 2020 9:21 PM
dom, John, Eric Reinhardt and 1 people reacted
Page 2 / 5
Share: