Forum

Acoustic Guitar Str...

Notifications
Clear all

Acoustic Guitar Strings

Page 3 / 3
(@elliotsperlinggmail-com)
Reputable Member

I really like the d'addario exp16s, and usually im playing with either a wegen or dunlop primetone, both over 1mm

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 30, 2020 4:15 PM
fransverboom, John, Eric Reinhardt and 4 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

How often does everyone change their strings? I think i wait way too long in between changes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 5, 2020 8:51 PM
fransverboom, John, jerseychicadee and 4 people reacted
(@cotton-eye-marc)
Trusted Member

@rinny51 I leave it about a year...

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2020 3:08 AM
fransverboom, John, Eric Reinhardt and 4 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@rinny51 I used to try and do it every 6 months or so, but that's really too long if you're playing quite a bit. The thing is I wasn't playing all that much so I got away with it. I'm practicing a lot more now so I should be doing it at 4 to 8 weeks probably. I can't remember what the recommended change out time is. Some people just wait until their strings sound "dead" and change them out then, LOL.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2020 7:20 PM
fransverboom, John, Eric Reinhardt and 3 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

@shysue I think the last time I did it was about a year ago. But I am playing more now soishould probably do it more often

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2020 9:11 PM
fransverboom, John, jerseychicadee and 3 people reacted
(@oldtimeplayer)

My standby has always been Diadarrio whether EJ16 or EJ17. I find I like Ernie Ball Earthwood better. Someone mentioned a Gibson J-15. When I had one I found Ernie Ball medium light PB were a perfect match. Lately I'm experimenting as a result of what's available locally. Going to give GHS a shot. GHS J.D. Crowe are my go to banjo strings. I'm hoping I like their PB guitar strings too. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 28, 2020 4:02 PM
fransverboom, John, Jocelyn and 3 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I sure wish I knew what brand of strings that are on this used Martin D-18 I bought a couple of months ago. Just love the sound of this guitar but it's time to change the strings out and I don't know if the Elixirs I've used on the other guitars will sound good on this one. Thinking about changing over to Martin strings for this particular guitar. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2020 2:15 PM
fransverboom, John, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I bought a new Taylor last month. I’ve swear I’ve been hearing a buzz.  I took it to GC when they reopened.  They said no it sounds fine. So I play it thinking it’s just me. Well today I put a set of Elixirs on my Fender Malibu. Now it sounds exactly like the Taylor!! It’s the strings!! I guess I’m not used to hearing better strings!!! It’s like driving a Pinto and then driving a Tesla. Extra thanks to Randy Schartiger video for that advice! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2020 9:18 PM
fransverboom, John, Jocelyn and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee I switched my strings on my Taylor recently and there was sort of a buzzing sound until I got them broken in some

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2020 9:24 PM
fransverboom, John, Jocelyn and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I don't think your strings should buzz, if you hear it consistently the action may be too low on your guitar. Just my opinion though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2020 3:53 PM
fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt, John and 2 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@jonathanhembreygmail-com 👍 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2020 4:57 PM
fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt, Jocelyn and 2 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@cassarta11gmail-com 👍 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2020 4:58 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @bryan

John Pearse strings are my favorite also, and I read that Doc Watson used John Pearse phosphor bronze strings.

Great Profile Picture 🤣 🤣 🤣

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2020 5:01 PM
(@ewartboer)
Eminent Member

I use the Elixer 80/20 Bronze Nanoweb Light on my guitar. They last for a very long time but I have to say that I don't like hem when they are brand new. I think that it is the coating which is bringing the sound of the pick more to the front. 

I'm also using .11 for the playability of the guitar but I like the sound of the thicker strings. Once I had .13 on my guitar which were sounding really good. However, it was hard to get bar chords with these thick strings. I guess that it is a trade-off for every guitar player. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 12, 2020 9:49 AM
John, fransverboom, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
(@yiwork)
Reputable Member

Santa Cruz Strings for me Mid tension on the dred and light tension on the small body guitars. They are spendy at $ 20.00 a set but they really do last. I get at least 3 months out of a set.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 13, 2020 4:32 PM
Page 3 / 3
Share: