Forum

Acoustic Electric o...

Notifications
Clear all

Acoustic Electric or just Acoustic?

(@shysue)
Famed Member

I wonder how many of you have an acoustic electric and actually use the electric function? I've found that turning on the electric pickup just makes the strings sound "pingy" to me. It doesn't sound like an electric guitar and it kind of ruins the acoustic sound. So, I have acoustic electric (the Taylor 314CE is one of them) but I rarely plug it in, and my favorite guitar is my Martin D-18 which is strictly acoustic.

How do you all feel about this? 

Topic starter Posted : December 12, 2020 3:13 PM
fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@g)
Noble Member

I have a Taylor 214ce that is acoustic electric and haven’t plugged it in once since I got it a year ago. I’ve always been found of the raw acoustic sound and not really interested in recording. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 12, 2020 3:25 PM
fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt, jrick92 and 3 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I have Penny and Taylor but no amp to plug into. I’m sure my neighbors are grateful for that

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 12, 2020 3:51 PM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

I plug my Taylor in sometimes and I like it ok. The last time I plugged it in , it's battery was dead and I haven't replaced it. I like my Martin acoustic better for these lessons anyway.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 13, 2020 12:17 AM
fransverboom, Susan Wagner, John and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Penny asked me to get her an amp for Xmas today. She said she’d be good if I got her one. A new chapter opens for me and my G. A. S. God forgive me for what I’m about to do. Goldie arrived at her final resting place yesterday. Maybe by Monday I’ll have word on whether they want to replace like for like or give me credit or completely rip me off. We’ll see. I’ve watched a ton of Justin Townes Earle vids today. He was a RK artist. The janky sound the RK has, is, just that,  kind of Janky,  but he did it justice. His constant pacing onstage and chuck/ slap on the strings in every song. I’ve grown pretty close to Penny since Goldies been sick. I really love her.  She doesn’t have the boom of the satin finishes Roadie and Goldie have (she’s a glossy). I love the feel of the fretboard. Rosewood. No wonder everyone foams over it. I’m pretty happy. Maybe after the holidays, if the Taylor sells, I’ll get that Baby Blue PRS, or the 000 Martin. I am playing amazingly better than I was 6 months ago which speaks volumes to the quality of the lessons I’m getting here. Another six months with CGO. Thank you Devin!! You’re site is the bomb! 💣 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 13, 2020 1:05 AM
fransverboom, jrick92, Susan Wagner and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

I used to plug my Taylor in when I was trying to record stuff but haven’t done that in a long time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 13, 2020 9:14 AM
fransverboom, jrick92, Susan Wagner and 2 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@jerseychicadee The plot thickens, lol   Good luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 13, 2020 10:09 PM
fransverboom, John, Susan Wagner and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

🔍🕵️🔎

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 14, 2020 10:34 AM
jrick92, Eric Reinhardt, fransverboom and 2 people reacted
(@georgeanddoris66hotmail-com)
Reputable Member

There is nothing nicer sounding than a nice acoustic guitar with depth and projection. That is the mark of a very well made instrument in my opinion 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2021 3:07 PM
canuck, John, jrick92 and 4 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

Acoustic only 😀 😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 2, 2021 12:41 PM
canuck, jerseychicadee, jrick92 and 1 people reacted
Justin
(@infoyounggloves-co-uk)
Reputable Member

I think that you should choose the best accoustic guitar that you can.   Then if you want put a pickup on.    I've just installed a LR Baggs Anthem on my Atkin guitar, it's expensive but it's the best sounding pickup I've ever heard on an accoustic.  It really does sound fantastic 😀

Keep on Picking 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 16, 2021 4:10 PM
canuck, jerseychicadee, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

My Art & Lutherie Roadhouse and my $100 Orangewood Dana are both acoustic only. They’re both in my bedroom to be played at night. Not because they have no electric but they’re both smaller than the others. Penny, Baby Blue and my new baby Paramount are all electric pickups. Why I don’t know. I don’t even have an amp to plug them into. Someday. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 17, 2021 12:24 AM
Share: