Forum

Locating specific s...

Notifications
Clear all

Locating specific songs

(@jack07712)
Eminent Member

I’m more interested in locating songs rather than specific artists.  Is there an index of songs on the site?  I used the search engine to locate an index but to no avail.

Topic starter Posted : January 9, 2022 7:02 PM
(@henry_5823msn-com)
Trusted Member

I don't know of an index of songs. I suppose that would be nice. Until then, click on the locator icon (upper right) magnifying glass.

Type in any key word about the song you are looking for. It doesn't have to be the entire title. Example "wabash" or "cannon" should both get you Wabash Cannonball. Type in "Drop D" and you'll get all of the Drop D lessons. type "fiddle' and you'll get all of the lessons associated with fiddle tunes.

Some of the search results are confusing to me as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 10, 2022 7:44 PM
(@jack07712)
Eminent Member

Thanks Marty, but nothing seems to work for me.  I put in, Singing the Blues.  About half a dozen blues pages of blues comes up, but not what I’m looking for.  Same for other songs.  Very frustrating.  Too much time decking.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 12, 2022 10:59 AM
(@henry_5823msn-com)
Trusted Member

Trying to help you out has forced me to experiment as to how the search feature works. Here is what I found. When I searched singing the blues, a whole bunch of stuff appeared as you experienced. blues is a keyword that caused all those results. That makes sense because a lot of the lessons reference the blues. When looking for a specific song title and to eliminate extraneous results that you don' want enclose your search with double quotes as in "singing the blues". I did that and got 0 matches. This site does not include that one as a lesson. You can make a request for Devin to include it sometime. With double quotes, words and spelling within the double quotes must match exactly to get a hit. For example "red haired boy" will get a match, "red hair boy" will not. 

And thanks for reviving my memory about that great Marty Robbins song

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 12, 2022 4:22 PM
(@henry_5823msn-com)
Trusted Member

red hair boy, red haired boy. green haired boy, purple haired boy (LOL) and all without double quotes will get multiple results because of the key word boy. Hair color doesn't matter without the double quotes.

This would make a good case for a true index of lessons as part of this site.

Good Luck, I've subscribed to this site for2-3 year and enjoy it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 12, 2022 4:41 PM
Share: